Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Hola!

Hola and welcome to my new followers!

I safely arrived in Mehico City this afternoon...and love it already! It is a huge city, but I am staying in a cool area called Centro Historico that is complete with colonial style buildings and cobble stone streets!!  Definitely not what I expected from Mexico City!  I did expect the thick layer of smog and heavy traffic when I arrived tho - we are definitely very fortuanate at home!  I am lucky to be in a very new Hostel that is more like a boutique hotel than a hostel, very clean and comfy - and a bargain at $14 per night for a dorm room w breakfast included!  It even has a cool cafe/bar attached too!

I wanted to practice adding pictures - so have included some photos of the hostel website below...






Despite this pretty sweet setup, I am actually heading out of town to a small silver town, called Guanajuato - it is famous for its colonial architecture (UNESCO world heritage site!) and of course the silver mines...very excited to be spending about 3-4 days there, should be very relaxing and looking forward to some silver shopping too!!


Till then, keep well -

LiZZie xx


PS for those that can´t sleep on long haul flights - I have a cure!! Don´t sleep at all the night before! I was so disorganized with packing that I had to pull an all-nighter before my flight over here, and must admit - I slept almost the whole way, as in deep, completely-out-of-it sleep...only negative was that I couldn´t really stay awake either, so felt more like I was sedated for the entire trip...haha not so good when I am trying to watch movies or eat - can totally relate to narcolepsy now...
PPS random observation = Burger King is called La Casa de Whopper here in Mehico!! haha I know which one I like better!!

No comments:

Post a Comment