Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Jogging in Mehico City!

After a restrained night on the town last night, I managed to hit the pavement this morning for a light jog around the central historic area of mehico city!

Jogging in foreign countries/cities is a bit of a favourite past time of mine - even tho most people insist that I should learn to relax when I'm o/s, running is relaxing for me and I love to jog around new places when I'm travelling!

It is a great chance to explore new areas off the sightseeing map and see some of the local life before the day really gets going!

This morning, there were street stalls serving the breakfast trade, markets setting up in the big Alameda Park, tortillerias churning out hot fresh tortillas with customers picking them up by the dozen, and most randomnly about 25 riot policia (that look more like the swat teams of the US!) catching up on lost zzz's in the park - literally all slumped asleep w their riot shields and huge gear at their feet (took me somewhat by surprise!)...

As expected I got lots of encouragement by the mehicano men - whistling and jeering me along the way...in fairness - don't think many mehicano women jog in the streets, and my electric blue running shorts probably don't help either!!

Not to worry - had a lovely time and now ready for a big day of sightseeing ahead!!

LiZZie
xx

1 comment:

  1. Hey pil still trying to work out how one comments on your post !! Have been trying to get a picture up, but not having any luck so far. Think the technology is waaaaay beyond my brain and stumps !!
    Have just caught Dolly with her body inside the bicsuit box for Jack's boneo's !!! Had trouble yanking her out, she was nearly stuck !! Such a starved cat !!
    Off to the laundry - yet again. Will email you further when I am assured of it getting thru.
    SEE ya,

    Carolina

    ReplyDelete